MAR 4, 2023
The February ABATE of Kansas District 5 Meeting was held at noon at the Big D’s On The Hill, in Kansas City, KS on Saturday, March 4th, 2023. Tony called the meeting to order. All present stood for the Pledge of Allegiance, followed by a moment of silence for lost brothers and sisters, as well as for those serving our country.
- Sergeant At Arms Report: Tank reported on all those present at the meeting.
Secretary’s Report: James read the minutes from the February District 5 Meeting. The minutes were accepted and approved as reported and printed in the newsletter.
Treasurer’s Report: Geoff emailed in the report as he was absent, due to other obligations. Tony went over the accounts and numbers. Everything is in good standing and was accepted and approved as reported.
Product Line Report: District 5 still has products available. There are shirts, front “Look Twice” license plates, etc. Contact a board member, or check out one of our events or meetings if interested in any products available. We are in the process of designing and bringing new products in the near future. It was decided to look into having more District 5 stickers printed to give out with new memberships, as well as to have them on hand.
State Report: Tony went over the items from the state meeting. The state meeting was held in Haysville, KS.
- Work is about to begin in April on the shower trailer for out at the Labor Day Rally site.
- The National Profiling Survey takes about 5-10 minutes to take. Everyone should look into taking the survey; it would really help out.
- There was a discussion about the Right to Repair Act. Protect your right to repair your own motorcycle, as well as keeping your local shops and small businesses in operation. Go to the AMA website to help with this.
- See the State Meeting Report in the newsletter for more information about the State Meeting.
- There is talk about keeping the District 5 website up and going. A motion was made to change hosting companies. The motion was seconded and passed.
The Mini-bike races at the Labor Day Rally will be held at 6 pm on Friday evening. Bud spoke some more about the bike games and the committee formed to get everything in order for the bike games. Tony stated that all speakers are working for the sound system. They are all on the proper frequency, and everything seems to be in order. It was decided to stick with disposable batteries for the sound system, instead of rechargeable ones.
We need a design for the 48th Annual Labor Day Rally T-shirt. If you have an idea for a design, feel free to submit it.
There was discussion about the District 5 End of Year Party and hosting the State Meeting. A motion was made to have the meeting and End of Year Party at the Moose Lodge in Kansas City, KS. The motion was seconded and passed. A motion was then made for 2 Hot 2 Handle to be the ones to provide the food for the End of Year Party. The motion was seconded and also passed.
The April Meeting will be at noon on Saturday, April 1st at Bub’s Bar – 19 S. Broadway, Louisburg, KS. The May District 5 Meeting will be held on the 13th of May at Wyandotte County Lake Shelter 10. There will be food and refreshments available. Bring your own beverages as well (no glass containers). We will have a ride at the bike show. No driving or parking on the grass.
A motion was made to adjourn. The motion was seconded and passed. All members and non-members are welcome to attend District 5 Monthly Meetings. Feel free to drop by and say hello.